Zilico/ International Oncology Pilot
ZedScan, Zilico's product, utilizes Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) to improve the ability to detect cervical cancer following an abnormal smear result and increase diagnostic accuracy. In their pilot with International Oncology, they aimed to increase early detection and quickly enable treatment.
March 2017- April 2018
Hirandani Hospital, Maharashtra
Kidwai Hospital, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Columbia Asia, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- 114 patients enrolled
- Increased detection rate of High Grade disease by 40%
- ZedScan plus colposcopy offers 100% sensitivity as compared to colposcopy alone with NPV at 88% sensitivity
- Feedback from the clinicians is positive regarding ease of use, accuracy and the ability to reduce biopsies per woman.
- All clinicians commented that they would like to continue to use ZedScan within their clinics.
- All clinicians reported that patients tolerated the ZedScan examinations well with no adverse reactions reported.
- Zilico is now more knowledgeable on navigating the various limitations and challenges that pilots may encounter. This pilot experience taught the team how to:
- Identify suitable commercial partner(s) in India
- Acknowledge and address the lack of education and awareness of cervical screening with the general public
- Interact with a wide variety of different health systems